This position is based in Lima, Peru. Complete fixed wing aircraft B-1900D qualification training then travel to Lima, Peru.
Provide fixed wing operational support for the Department of State INL / A program in support of the Peruvian National Police PNP nationalization program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide Standardization oversite and guidance to the PNP IAW DoS INL / As policies, procedures, and the Aircrew Training Program.
Provide over site of aircrews and scheduling of crew assignments.
Conduct Host Nation pilot training and evaluations.
Conducts maintenance operational checks MOCs. Maintenance Test Flights MTF, maintenance test pilot training and maintenance test pilot evaluations as required.
Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, airport facilities, and navigation aids.
Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers.
Determine aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits.
Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
Conduct the briefing of all passengers prior to each takeoff or assign duty to direct reports but retains responsibility.
Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains overall responsibility.
Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
Performs other aviation duties as assigned.
EDUCATION Required :
High school diploma or GED.
FAA Commercial Multi-Engine Land, Instrument Airplane.
FAA CFI / CFII / MEI or military equivalent rating.
FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
Successful completion of FAA Type Rating in the selected type required before assignment.
FAA ATP rating
Previous military FW flight training qualification or civilian equivalent.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
1,500 total fixed wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine multi-engine time.
Minimum 500 hours multi-engine pilot-in-command time.
Require one year managing a flight operations program.
Requires 300 hours multi-engine instructor pilot or check pilot time.
Requires 100 hour of FW maintenance pilot time or prior designation as a military Functional Check Pilot, Maintenance Test Pilot
English Level : Fluent / Native
Spanish Level : Fluent / Native.
Prior military pilot and / or pilot support on the DoS INL / A program.
Qualification in the applicable aircraft B1900D.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Job Knowledge & Skills - Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of technical responsibilities; performs tasks with minimal supervision;
exhibits skills needed to perform the job; troubleshoots & recommends / implements solutions.
2. Productivity - Works effectively & meets goals; takes initiative to improve performance.
3. Quality - Works accurately & meets quality requirements; questions errors & reports inconsistencies; follows processes & procedures
4. Work Habits - Provides accurate & consistent documentation; handles multiple tasks effectively; makes appropriate decisions;
demonstrates accountability for own work & actions; provides timely communications regarding work status.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Looks for new & better ways to get work done; asks questions to strengthen skills; seeks new responsibilities;
shares ideas for new processes / solutions to improve job & company.
6. Interpersonal Relationships & Teamwork - Listens attentively & responds appropriately; cooperates with others; resolves conflicts / problems with others;
assists with a variety of team roles.
7. Dependability - Begins work on time adheres to planned schedule on the job; shows flexibility to meet deadlines; sets an example for others;
completes tasks in appropriate time frame to meet company, team and individual goals.
8. Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies & regulations; reports hazards & safety problems / incidents immediately.